Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Chapter One, And in the Beginning, ......

"Dear Jay, when did you find out about this terrible malady?", one may ask.  
Thanks for asking, that's a very good question, I must say.
A little short family history is needed at this point before I go back to my discovery.
Some of you may have known and some may not, but back when my father was 57 years old,
he was diagnosed with cancer of the Kidney.  He was operated on to remove his kidney and went on with a renewed zest for life for a few more years until the cancer Metastatically went 
(that's relocated to us laymen) to his lungs where it proceeded to dispose of him is a very quick and unbecoming fashion.  My mother on the other hand is a rock at 83 and is still kickin' it.  Thus, being their child, I have always had hopes that 1) cancer is not a genetic disease or that heredity on my Fathers side would screw me or that I got a bunch of good genes from my mother's side of the family for a little protection.  The jury is still out on those topics but at least you all are caught up to 2008.


2008, my 50th birthday!!  "How great is this" quote the Flounder.  I'm in a good place with all aspects of my life; work is going well, still married to a great girl who hasn't see it fit to divorce my ass after 10 years,  pretty healthy routine in the mountains with my dogs hiking 2-4 miles every other day I am home.  Life is good as the tee shirt states!
Then, 2 days after Christmas, poof,  I start having chest pains at 2:30am.  I'm have a freakin' heart attack. So much for being invincible. 
That was a shocker.  I'm only telling you, dear reader, because having a heart attack and a stint put into one of my arteries for the rest of my life, will have future bearing on my life and how I live it from that point forward.  It also adds a bit of danger for any future medical conditions that may spring up.
So much for the abridged version of my family medical history.  We spring board to 2012.



No comments:

Post a Comment