Wednesday, November 7, 2012

November and the leaves are gone

It's November 7. The leaves changing colors is over and thank the heavens the election is over as well.  Now we, as in the U.S.of A., can get back to non partisan bickering again and accomplishing nothing in way of rebuilding our country!  There has to be a better way for our democracy and people to come together better than a natural disaster.  It baffles me as I sit at home and slowly recover from treatments.
And I am recovering!  Slowly, ever so slowly, but moving forward in a positive direction.
This morning I am actually enjoying a 50/50 blend of coffee and hot chocolate.  I really miss that morning coffee so much that I'm making myself drink past my semi sore and semi clogged throat.
I am also very nervous.  On Friday I go back to CTCA for my 6 week follow up since my last treatment.  I will have blood work, CT scan, Pet scan, and Dr's consultation as to how I stand in the fight beating my cancer.  Kim and I are both very anxious and the anticipation is grinding on us.
I haven't been very open and chatty for the past 4 months.  That's not something that is new, I have always been withdrawn emotionally at time of difficulty, it's how my right brain logic works.
Withdraw, process, proceed!  In the words of Spock,  "It's all very logical".  Not very emotional, which is where Kim is on the Brain vs Heart Life line.  Here's a diagram:

Emotion___Kirk________Kim_____________________________Jay___________Spock____Logic

So, off we fly Friday morning, all pensive and wound up tighter than a drum.  I will post next week
what the findings are and what is to be the next direction in my journey.

November, it's such a "brown" month.

No comments:

Post a Comment