Friday, September 7, 2012

September 7th and I'm still going

Hello, my continuing bloggers.  It's still not over.  The Fay lady is not singing in my world.
I'm back in Illinois as what I'd like to call, Overtime.  I have 18 more treatments as of today to complete
of tomo radiation, 2 per day.  'this make me very sad for I now have to forfeit going to to See Peter Gabriel in Montreal in 2 weeks for the following Tuesday the 18th for it is also my official release date at this point in time -  A Special 10 stop tour in North America celebrating the 25th anniversary of the "So" album with most of the original performers.  It was little small engine that pushed me through all the summers crap and  now I can't make it.  Deep breath, Ce la vie.  Hopefully my bestst fiend and her best friend will love Montreal for 5 days, how can they not.  They can eat and drink and enjoy the beautiful city and once in a life time concert I have been thinking about for 6 months  Whoo hoo! 
I get to fly home to mt house in the woods to further my convalescence.  It's not as bad as I make it , except for the easting and drinking part, oh and the other thing, life yea I get that back.  It's a melancholy finish to this part of the ordeal.  I then get to recoup and the in early Nov.  get to fly back to see how all this testing and treatment to fight off the cancer.  See like I sais before, the Fay Lady doesn't get to sing quite yet, doesn't seem at this point there wil be and end.  Just skip over 4 months of hell and resume where I left off.  Ok, I'll take that for know.  Beats laying in a hospital bed whithering away toward a slow death with lots of self loathing pity on the side.  That concert was my spring board.  Guess it did it's job.  More to come if things get interesting,




3 comments:

  1. were you on the Peter Gabriel Gig at The Fieldhouse? And is it the familiar Ce la vie as oppsed to C'est La vie?
    \Chip

    ReplyDelete
  2. Da*n that the timetable messed with your plan! But, being home with Kim, the fuzzies and in your own bed has to be pretty enticing after the brief visit home recently. Hang in there, count down the treatments/days and look forward to a much better next 90 days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jay. Just checking in here on your updates.

    Wasn't Peter Gabriel, one of the first to use the VariLite system... or is that Phil Collins? I don't know, I get those two mixed up sometimes, they are both English....

    Stay strong and hang in there. That Illinois life, it's almost fall, seeing the tree's change color yet? Here in Florida. It's nothing but HOT HOT HOT and rain and yea, I'd like some fall weather, would be nice..
    Jason Roland

    ReplyDelete