Monday, September 10, 2012

Why is Monday always a blue day

It's Monday the 10th, a day after my 55th birthday.
went back last week and finished the week out with my Radiologist making me a new mask and informing me that I will be continuing treatments until at least the 21st of this month.  Needless to say it was a very hard weekend when I thought that tomorrow was going to be my last day of treatments until November. (if not treatments, at least checking the status of what my body had done with the bad cancer cells.)  Monday Morning was a ripper.
So away we go again.  No chemo at least, which was really the one factor that was ripping my body apart.  And in a week, no wife for support.  It's time to get back to work for her.  I personally want to thank everyone who works with Kim who donated sick leave to her so she could be by my side for the last 3 months.  There were many days had she not been here, I would have gotten on a plane and just said forget it.  Rather selfish but I was mentally done and she brought me back around.
So now I go and just focus on all things positive.  Get up, try to start exercising again, and just work on being happy.  Happy=Healthy as far as I'm concerned.

2 comments:

  1. Drat! No, double drat!! Did you tell them that they're messing with your schedule. Yeah, I know you can't do that, but I can wish that you could :-).

    Your dealing with the docs reminds me of my dealing with clients...the goalpost keeps moving. Very inconvenient and extraordinarily frustrating!

    One outcome of this horrific experience for you is that I have gotten to know Kim and now know why you are so madly in love with her. She is salt of the earth, a gem, s BFF, a smart woman and a serious patient advocate. You married very well my friend. Hold her close now and forever. Few matches are so blessed.

    You have 3 years to catch up to my more advanced age, so hang in there, please!

    Don't focus on blue -- think the green of North Carolina that you'll soon be going home to. If you were in California, you'd be whining about the dark brown and your water bill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still out here reading your blog and sending you healing energy. You are always part of my daily meditation...breathe out the toxic cancer cells... breathe in healing energy. Jay, you are really something. I get scared sometimes just because I have to have a mammogram every 6 months for a “suspicious” area. You are really an inspiration; you remind me that we really can get thru the bumps in the road. I hope you are home now with your Kim and feeling loved and happy.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete