Thursday, August 23, 2012

Week 2

Kim and I decided we needed to have one of our cars up in Illinois.  Since I had to wait for my simulation to program it's course its pattern through my body,  We both now had 5 days (Kim 10), to get back to our lives in order before we started Full Throttle with treatment.
Kim flew home on Sunday to get a few things in order.  I had chemo on Tuesday.
My Hemo-Oncologist cancelled treatment.  He forgot to get Blood Work done up on Monday so no Chemo on Tuesday.  So, I spent the day with my sister in Milwaukee.  I drove my rental up and spent the night.  It was good.
We went to the airport on Wednesday and I flew almost home to pick up my wife and my car which were at Kim's mom's little cabin in the woods in Maggie Valley, NC ( actually outside of Asheville,  about 3.5 hrs off closer to Chicago)  Had a good night and got to sleep in before jumping on the I-40 chuck of I-system for the next 2 days.  It's a pretty drive through the Tennessee Mountains and Kentucky Horse Country but get's really flat and ugly when you switch to I65 and head into Indiana.
Kim and I decided to stop in Indianapolis for the night.  Neither of us had been there before so we had to check it out.  We stayed an extra night.
Indy is actually a very cool and laid back city.  Lot's to do during the day, unbelievable restaurants and night clubs, major league sports city.  I was really blown away.  Kim and I were actually going to stay a couple of nights on the "Miracle Mile" in Chicago but we didn't make it.
Check out Indy, World Travellers

No comments:

Post a Comment